Friday, January 6, 2012

Pirates of the Coffee Bean: Stranger Nite

Hawt hawt hawt

Hello peeps, in the intro i told you about having movie reviews here in the blog so here it is :P. The poster are not even the main characters u say? Who cares!! Naked mermaids r hawt hawt hawt!!! (couldnt get one WITHOUT that guy so i guess this will do *sigh*)

SYNOPSIS

The Pirates of the Caribbean: Stranger's Tide is described by IMDB as....

"Captain Jack Sparrow (Depp) crosses paths with a woman from his past (Cruz), and he's not sure if it's love -- or if she's a ruthless con artist who's using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. When she forces him aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge, the ship of the formidable pirate Blackbeard (McShane), Jack finds himself on an unexpected adventure in which he doesn't know who to fear more: Blackbeard or the woman from his past."

TRAILER

OMGWTFBBQ!!!

REVIEW


I really enjoyed this movie by the collaboration of Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer ... the first time I watched it that is... maybe it is because of it is one of the long awaited movies in 2011 aaaand I really love pirates movies... after watching it the second time recently I just realized that this movie is aint that good... not as I remembered how it was back then :(

The storyline is very simple, expected of the fourth instalment of the POTC franchise. With an established fan base, all you need is a subpar storyline, a few main actors and voila!! Millions of dollars will flow non stop into your pockets. $$$$. As some of U know, im a sucker for twisted unexpected endings. This movie however, unlike its predecessors... lacks it. The ending is quite predictable and I could not really find myself enjoying the climax of the story. Heck! I couldnt even notice the climax!!.
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Second highest paying actor for 2011 (50 mil) and 2009 People's Magazine Sexiest Man Alive (??) 

The acting however was superb!! Lined with one of my favorite actor, Johnny Depp... the story was brought to life and given a slice of excitement and laughter. With a resume of weird acting he had done in the past, I doubt there will be no one else more suitable for his role in this movie. Honestly, I think his acting in POTC is more like a drunken-pirate-drag-queen and that what makes him interesting.

"I still cant believe ur my dad"
"What r u saying! We look sooo much alike! Now lets make out"
"....." 

Geoffrey Rush (Barbossa) did quite well too if i might say. Penélope Cruz was also good as expected but nothing more than expected. She is so hawt with those pirate clothes and boots even for her age (whats her age again?). Oh and those awful random cast love story arc is soooo bad and out of place. Yes, im talking to you naked mermaid and young preacher!! You should be ashamed of yourself. >w<

All in all, it is an enjoyable movie to watch for some laugh with friends after a long day at work. And a must watch if you are a big fan of Johnny Depp or the movie franchise.

TRIVIA

Favorite Quotes:

Angelica : How is it we can never meet without you pointing something at me?

Jack Sparrow: Captain, I wish to report a mutiny. I can name fingers and point names.  (I LOLed hard)

Hidden Credits:

Immediately after the credits, Angelica is shown sitting on the beach when the voodoo doll of Jack washes ashore. She picks it up and smiles evilly.

MY VERDICT

Storyline - 6
Acting - 8
Cinematography - 8
Replayability - 5
Overall - 6.75

IMDB - 6.6
Rottentomatoes - 33%

I guess that’s all for now. Good day freaks~

No comments:

Post a Comment